Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

This was our third Thanksgiving in Vermont. Our friends' parents have a cabin up there. They couldn't go because Zac got the flu :( It was a relaxing and delicious weekend. Daryl made the turkey and I made all of the sides. We had turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, baked mac and cheese, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, pumpkin cheesecake and apple pie. Everything was homemade (because that's how it should be when the only other alternative to cooking is football watching). I especially want to encourage everyone to make their own cranberry sauce. It is far superior to the canned stuff and sooo easy to make. I made it for the first time a few years ago and I will never buy the gelatinous ridgy version again.

Homemade Cranberry Sauce:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 (12 oz) bag whole cranberries

Bring water and sugar to a boil, cook cranberries for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.

That is it!!

Pictures to come...they are stuck on my camera at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment