Friday, December 11, 2009

Bad Habits Cost Money

I'm a nail-biter and cuticle picker. It's gross. I'm not so bad about it when I can get to the nail salon but this doesn't happen too often. It gets pricey! I bite/pick when I'm bored or anxious, but sometimes it happens in a mindless fashion. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. I can't stop (and yeah, I've tried that no-bite paint on stuff and it doesn't taste bad enough).

My bad habit is unsanitary, unattractive and annoying, and yesterday, it ended up costing me a job. I got called in to do photo double work for a tv show. It's not glamorous but the pay is decent for what it is, and I could have used the check for sure. However, when the casting director asked me about the condition of my hands, I had to confess...."Uhh....yeah, they don't look so good right now." And that was that.

So I'm gonna stop (for real this time). Because this job could have paid for many manicures.

No comments:

Post a Comment