Monday, November 16, 2009

Going to the Beach (whether I like it or not)

I've been a total glutton for a week straight. I normally try to to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet, but without deprivation. I treat myself often, but within reason. This week, my treats were not within reason. I was on a bakery kick (discovered 4 new ones) and literally ate 2-3 sweets/baked goods every single day. I had cheesecake, cookies, brownies, ice cream, slabs of sourdough bread, muffins, you name it. I also slacked off at the gym (when your stomach is jam packed full of carbs and sugar from the time you wake up until the time you brush your teeth at night...spin class is a bad idea). Whatever. I was pleased with myself for finding so many delicious snacks. It was totally worth it....maybe until an hour ago.

An hour ago, I got phone call to work a job tomorrow on a tv show. This gig will provide me with my third and final waiver, which will make me eligible to join the union. The only catch is, I have to wear a bikini.

I just wish they'd called me before bakery exploration week. Figures.
The gym opens at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I'll be there. Uggh.

A few of the calorific goodies I sampled this week:


L to R:
Black Sesame Frappe from Cafe Zaiya- Amazingly cheap and tasty Japanese joint near Bryant Park. This thing tasted like a peanutbutter shake and kept me full for 5 hours.
Mochi Donut: So good. It had a chewy texture and was covered in sugar and cinnamon. It tasted just like these Rosette cookies my mom makes.
Bread from Sullivan Street Bakery: I got a loaf of sourdough and made homemade croutons and sandwiches with it. It tastes so fresh.
TKO from Bouchon Bakery: The grown-up oreo cookie
Fluffernutter from Bouchon Bakery: A fluffy peanutbuttery cream sandwiched between two giant peanutbutter cookies. I bought this for Daryl (hardcore PB Lover) and ended up eating at least a quarter of it myself)

Wait, there's more!


L to R:
Cookies from Momofuku Milk Bar: Blueberry Muffin+Cornflake/Marshmallow+Compost Cookie= Sugar Coma
Yakimochi from Cafe Zaiya: Fried mochi filled with red bean. Mmmm.
Black Sesame Macaron from Kyotofu: Love macarons. Love black sesame flavored sweets. Love Kyotofu. Love that it's by my apartment.
Cereal Milk Soft Serve from Milk Bar: It tastes exactly like the milk at the bottom of your Frosted Corn Flakes bowl.

There is more....
This is all that I could find pictures of. And I need to go to bed so I can wake up and do some crunches.

1 comment: