Sunday, December 20, 2009

Earwarmers

What's a girl to do when it's so cold you can't go outside without a hat? She cuts off all of her hair. That's right, folks. I finally did what I've been talking about for the past few months. My hair is shorter than my husband's now...which takes some getting used to. I like it. I think it suits me. However, I'm looking forward to a little more growth because dude practically shaved the bottom of my head. This was very uncool. I sort of wanted to cry about that. Luckily, my hair grows abnormally fast.

I made a not so smart decision by answering a craigslist ad for a free promotional hair cut. This guy owns and operates a salon downtown that specializes in short women's haircuts. I could have had a free haircut at many a high end salon as a hair model, but I wouldn't be able to afford subsequent appointments if I really liked the person. I decided to give this guy a try because his regular prices were reasonable. I mean, he specializes in short hair! How could I not feel good about that?

I had done a considerable amount of internet research and had learned that he would be socially awkward. He was. It was sort of uncomfortable though (and I usually do okay with socially awkward). I showed him a picture and he cut away...The resulting haircut is not horrible, but it is nothing like the photo. It's a good 2-3 inches shorter...which is a lot when your hair is only 1/2 inch long. Oh yeah, and the only thing I was adamant about was that it looked feminine. As I admired the the final cut in a handheld mirror, I exclaimed "Yeah, it looks cute." He responded, "Okay....(silence...)Uhh, yeah. It....it looks cute." WTF?

I feel bad because technically, it's a pretty good haircut. It's just not what I asked for. I would love to give this man some more business because he could obviously use it (he runs a new ad every day). I just don't want anymore creepy haircutting experiences.

Maybe I will post a photo when it doesn't look so boyish.

No comments:

Post a Comment