Sunday, December 20, 2009
Winter Treats
Today we are going to play in the freshly fallen snow. I will post some pictures soon. I've been making a lot of treats lately (for holiday parties, etc). I am a huge of of the spinach dip recipe from the back of Knorr's veggie soup mix. It is amazing. Also, I love egg nog in the winter the way I love pumpkin in the fall. However, it is gross to drink a whole carton of it on your own (Daryl is not a fan). So far, I've tried two different cookie recipes and they have both been "meh". I'll stick to eggnog lattes I guess. I also made homemade marshmallows. It was fun but it was a little more labor intensive than it should have been. You are supposed to use an electric stand mixer but I almost burned out the motor on my immersion blender whipping the stuff to death. The resulting marshmallows taste great in hot chocolate, but they are too sweet and dense to eat on their own. I'll try again later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment