Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hi


Hello out there. It's May. I've been away from the blogosphere for awhile. I'm sorry. I'm back now.

Since I made that disastrous omelet, we had a lovely Easter with friends, went to my cousin's wedding in Des Moines, worked a lot... paid our taxes...worked some more.

I'm taking a directing workshop as one of the actors that the directors work with. Taking class always reminds me how much I actually love acting, which is inspiring and discouraging at the same time.
Lately I've been working a lot of background jobs. The paychecks have been really awesome, I generally have good experiences with it, and you get lots of free food. (The other day, I had lobster and filet mignon for lunch...seriously). It beats every other crappy day job I've had in NY...and there have been plenty. However, background work is a dead end job in the land of film and TV. I mean, Larry could do it. They need dogs sometimes.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I am appreciative of the work. I would just like to....you know....speak. Because I can. I guess you can think of it as working as ball boy when you want to be the pitcher. You're on the field, but far away from being a player.

In the meantime, I submit for as many auditions as I can. Last week I had a print casting and a short film audition. I got called back for the film but I couldn't make it because I was stuck on a set, and the next day I had to turn down a print casting that one of my agents got for me for the same reason. All of this scheduling stuff can be really nerve-wracking.

Here are some pictures from April. I will not be so neglectful in May. I promise.

Easter Dessert Bar


Easter Family Shot. Larry was not into it.


My cousin on his wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment