You can see some of the marathon crowd behind me. This is my mustard hoodie-coat. I wear it so much you could say it's my unofficial fall uniform.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Marathon
November 1st was the NYC Marathon. I love being at race events because of the wonderfully positive and uplifting vibe that is present. It is so inspiring to see people from all walks of life come together and accomplish their individual goals. For this particular race, we're talking 26 miles! I can barely run a mile without feeling like I'm going to burst a lung. We went out to support our friend, Joe, who was running his 1st marathon. All of the runners wear a device so that you can actually track them online. It was awesome to see him coming down the bridge with hundreds of other runners. We cheered him on with a mob of supportive onlookers. Daryl plans to start training for a marathon this spring. While I do not aspire to run a marathon in my lifetime, I am inspired to work a little harder at the gym. Or maybe I'll just stop eating cookies for breakfast.
You can see some of the marathon crowd behind me. This is my mustard hoodie-coat. I wear it so much you could say it's my unofficial fall uniform.
You can see some of the marathon crowd behind me. This is my mustard hoodie-coat. I wear it so much you could say it's my unofficial fall uniform.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment