Okay, so I'll be honest here. I'm not a football fan, period. My uncle tried to teach me the rules of the game with a Nerf I was 12. Friends have tried to explain the game while watching high school games, college games and countless games on tv. I'm just not into it. On football Sundays, we go upstate to watch the game at our friends' house and it's fun because I get to see friends and eat Zac's salsa. However, I've never actually watched the game. I usually read magazines, talk to Leah or take naps. Daryl says he doesn't care, but it's hard to believe that it doesn't make him a tiny bit sad because he is a hard-core fan. Hard core. I suppose you could say that I am a fan by association. I definitely want this team to win. In fact, I love my husband and friends and care so much for their happiness and well-being that I need the Cowboys to win. As much as possible.
It's hard to be a Cowboys fan in NYC. It's hard to find team merchandise here and even harder to find a place that's airing the game if it's not airing on a major network. If Daryl doesn't go upstate, he'll look for a bar that has it on. They showed it at Hill Country BBQ this past Sunday (if you haven't read about it yet, it's in the next entry) so that's where we watched. The Boys won. I got to hang out with awesome people. I had some really great corn pudding and mashed sweet potatoes. It was a good day.

He wears this jersey on game days because his dad thinks it's good luck. I have my doubts. He enjoys wearing clothes, however, and does not protest.
No comments:
Post a Comment