1) Leaves changing colors=pretty
2) Pumpkin Lattes. Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin anything...
3) Apple Cider
4) Crisp air
5) Butternut squash soup
6) Thanksgiving
Hmmm. I intended on creating a longer list but it seems that this blog would have been more aptly titled: "I Love Fall Foods"
This is one of my all-time favorite cupcake recipes (thank you Martha Stewart). I've made several batches and they have been amazing each time. If you don't have all of the spices, you can substitute pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Cupcakes (makes 18)
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon course salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin puree
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pans with paper liners, set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices, set aside
2. In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and eggs. Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners (fill each one about halfway). Bake until tops spring back when touched/toothpick comes out clean- 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Let cool completely, then frost with favorite cream cheese icing.
Here is a simple cream cheese icing recipe:
Makes about 2 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, soften cream cheese. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners' sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
I hope you love them as much as I do. I feel inspired to make some right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment