Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Some Favorite Finds


Trader Joes's Enrich face lotion is my favorite product right now. I have been searching for a good face lotion for years. I've probably tried 20-30 different brands at various price points. I need something that will moisturize and protect my skin from the sun without breaking it out or making it greasy. I also prefer that it doesn't cost a fortune (although I've paid a pretty penny for products that promised to do magical things). Enrich delivers all of these things for around 4 dollars a bottle (4 oz). It's fragrance free, oil free, PABA free and is SPF 15. It does leave a slight sheen that can be easily blotted off, and in the summer I always use additional SPF because I don't think 15 is high enough for my face. It has a great consistency and doesn't leave any chalky residue. I also like to mix it in with some liquid foundation for a perfect tinted moisturizer. 

If Trader Joe's ever stops making this, I will be very sad (and I'll stock up, for sure). 



I'm really obsessed with sunblock these days because of my skin cancer concerns and the fact that  I'm not getting any younger and I work in a really vain industry...oh, and people have started calling me ma'am. A lot. At the moment, my favorite sunblock for the face is Neutrogena Ultrasheer liquid in SPF 50 (it also comes in SPF 70). It retails for around 12 bucks at Target, and it can be found at most retail stores. As the name suggests, it is a liquid formula that melts right into your skin upon application. It doesn't leave any residue behind and I like the way it behaves under makeup. It does leave a slight sheen, but it's barely noticeable and it doesn't bother me. Most importantly, it doesn't make my skin freak out. The downside to this product is that it doesn't have great staying power. This is a significant problem when the heat is sweltering you tend to sweat a lot. An SPF of 100 isn't protecting anything if it's dripping down your face. I'll probably use it all year round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment