Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Weirdest Olympic Sport Ever









There's a sport in the Olympic games called "Curling." I had never seen it televised until this evening. If you or someone you know is a "Curler," I apologize in advance for this post. However, to my ignorant eyes, this is the least athletic sport I've ever seen. I'm absolutely baffled at how you can win an Olympic metal for pushing a "rock" around with a broom. I understand that it takes some skill and coordination....but so do pool, golf, and croquet and you don't see these sports represented in the freakin' Olympic games! I saw an article about how one of the Curlers in this year's games is pregnant. At first I thought, "That's crazy!" but after seeing the games, it doesn't seem like a pregnant curler would have any kind of disadvantage whatsoever. I've seen challenges on The Biggest Loser (a reality tv show about people trying to lose large amounts of weight) that required more athleticism than this. I think golf is actually more exciting to watch. I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone who plays this sport...but seriously?

Other Olympians:





Curling has made me realize that being an Olympian is not an impossible dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment