
I have no idea why we decided to go there and I don't think we've dined there together since then. I like OTB just fine, but it's nothing special. I suppose it would be like having your first date at Red Lobster or The Olive Garden. This Tex-Mex chain is a part of our history, though.
Daryl and I were in the same English class and had an upcoming test that would cover a book that neither of us had read. He asked me on a date under the guise that the primary purpose was to study for this test. We decided that the best way to do this would be to rent the movie.

It was really boring.
We watched about ten minutes of it before we gave up and watched Dumb and Dumber instead (this was Daryl's idea).

This was not my kind of movie, but I don't remember protesting. I don't really remember what it was about, but Daryl was really disappointed that I didn't find it to be had funny as he did. If I didn't laugh aloud at a part that he thought was particularly hilarious, he would rewind the scene and make me watch it again. "See! That's funny!" he'd insist. I haven't watched this film in 10 years, but it holds a special place in my heart.
Daryl is working all weekend and our budget doesn't allow for any kind of grand celebration. We did have a nice brunch at a new Latin-inspired restaurant in our neighborhood. Tonight, while he was at his show, I made him a card along with some of his favorite cookies (peanut butter).
The recipe is soooo simple. They aren't the most fabulous pb cookies I've ever had, but they are tasty enough. The best tasting recipes seem to use loads of butter or crisco and that's just gross (unless someone else makes them...what you don't know can't hurt you...) They are so quick and convenient to
whip up since they only consist of 4 ingredients. Here is what you do:
Flourless Peanutbutter Cookies
1 cup of peanut butter (I recommend ALL NATURAL. You can use creamy or chunky.)
1 cup of sugar (I used 1/4 cup of brown sugar because I only had 3/4 cup of white sugar)
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
Directions:
Mix pb and sugar until smooth.
Stir in the egg (I beat it first) and baking soda.
Butter a baking sheet (or 2) and preheat oven to 350
Form dough into 2 inch balls and press each one down with a fork
Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until bottom is golden. I prefer mine to be on the undercooked side...they are chewier that way. If you over cook them, they will be quite dry because the recipe is dense as it is. Let them cool off a bit or they will crumble right out of the oven. I ate so many I feel sick. (I had to make sure that they were good enough for gift-giving :)
No comments:
Post a Comment