Heart Shaped Macarons!!
I had three.

They were awesome.
One of these days, I am going to make them myself. I got a fabulous book from cousin that has a great recipe, but it's a very involved process and so I have to wait for a special occasion. I considered making them for Daryl today, but he does not share my love for macarons. He even turned down the free samples this morning.
Okay, so here's my list (that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day other than the fact that it has "love" in the title):
Things I'm Loving Right Now (in no particular order)
* Midtownlunch.com
This is one of my favorite blogs! This is where I found out about our dessert extravaganza this morning. If you don't live here, it's not too useful, but if you ever come to visit, (or you just like reading about food), check it out! The blogger just started a LA branch, as well.
*Sally Hansen-Natural Beauty Foundation

This stuff is fantastic. It was created by Carmindy of the makeover show "What not to Wear." She partnered with Sally Hansen to create a line of paraben free cosmetics. Duane Reade was selling almost the entire line at half price so I picked up a few items...and then I went back and bought some more. Everything is super natural looking, and even at full price it's a great deal. I've tried every kind of foundation out there- from the 5 dollar drugstore variety to the super high end and I think this is my favorite. Even though it isn't oil free, it doesn't make my skin freak out. If anything, it prevents it from getting so flaky. I had to rave about this stuff because the other day someone actually complimented my skin. This never happens. I was like, "it's totally the makeup!" I also like the blush, eyeliner, power and eyeshadow.
*CVS Deep Action Power Cleanser

This is what I bought myself for V-day. It was a lot cheaper than a facial, and a lot cheaper than the Clarisonic, which is this exfoliating brush that retails for 200 dollars or something crazy like that. My sister has one and I really loved it, but there was no way I was going to shell out that much money for a cleaning accessory. Neutrogena came out with the Wave, which is poor man's version of the device, but you have to use pads that are pre filled with their cleanser. I discovered the that the store brand "Wave" at CVS comes with cleanser-less pads. Perfect! My face hasn't been this exfoliated since my last facial. $15 well spent.
*The Winter Olympics
The figure skating competition is my favorite. Go USA....but I do have to say that I tend to be more partial to the underdogs.
*No-pudge brownie mix

This is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth for 100 calories. All you do is stir in some yogurt with the mix and bake. I make 1 serving at a time in the microwave or I'd eat the whole pan...which would be grossly more than 100 calories.
*Mypoints.com- This is a terrific site for those of you that make online purchases of any kind. By clicking through this site, you earn points for purchases that you would have made anyway. I've been a member since the beginning of college and forgot about it until recently. I just earned enough points for a 25 dollar giftcard. I totally recommend it. It's free to sign up.
No comments:
Post a Comment