Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Hot Yoga
I was feeling slightly stressed and out of shape post-cruise, so I decided to take up yoga. I'd taken a few classes before and liked it but the yoga studios here can be on the expensive side. Thanks to Google, I found Yoga to the People. It's within walking distance from our place and it's $5 a class! That's a bargain. This class is called hot yoga because the room is 95 degrees...they literally blow heat into the room. The heat is supposed to help your muscles relax and rid the body of toxins. Hot yoga should actually be called wet yoga. Or sweat yoga. I hate to sweat. I hate sweating more than the average person hates sweating. Hot yoga makes you sweat out of pores that you've never thought about (your calves, for example). But it was oddly refreshing and relaxing. Daryl went with me and he was all about it, too. Today, we went back. I think we'll make this a regular thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment