Highlights of Paris:
French Macarons! I ate three boxes of them. In three days. They only keep for a few days or I would have bought one for everyone.
Our Paris trip was based on finding culinary treasures. While I appreciate architecture and history and art and all, I was most interested in finding the best crepe, croque monsieur, ice cream, etc. Daryl had been to Paris several years back, so he went with it. While discovering edible goodies, we also happened to check out your typical Paris-tourist-spots, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, etc. I also practiced speaking French. I took 4 years of French in high school, but that was a long time ago. My French seems to be at a toddler level these days.
Some of my favorite places/treats in Paris:
Pierre Herme: luxury macarons
Gerard Mulot: amazing sandwich and fantastic macarons
Laduree: most aesthetically pleasing bakery
Mabillon: out of this world goat cheese salad
Berthillon: ice cream worth standing in line for
a) Don't let my face deceive you. I was loving Creperie Josselin.
b) This is the beautiful bakery, Laduree. We stood in a long line to get some macarons and a fancy pastry for D. Totally worth it.
c) One of the boxes
a)I can't remember the flavor but in addition to being pretty (see iridescent rose colored flecks), it was GOOD!
b) We stayed at Hotel du Lion in the Montparnasse district. It was small but perfectly cozy, clean and convenient
c) There is an elevator, but we chose to climb to the top (well, almost) of the Eiffel Tower. When I think of this famous landmark now, I think "good glute workout"
At the Louvre. Daryl looked like the statues.
No comments:
Post a Comment