This is another wedding blog. Sorry if you're not into wedding stuff.
For our centerpieces, I thought it would be neat (and cheap) to use potted plants rather than fresh cut flowers. We started collecting jars and cans back in January. Apparently we ate a lot of pasta sauce and canned veggies because we managed to amass all of the containers we needed in order to fill up the tables. A few days before the wedding, Daryl and I went to Home Depot and bought several trays of flowers. Then I presented my artistic vision to the lovely women that volunteered to see the project through. I learned that there was a whole gardening process involved (because you can't just plop a flower pod into a jar and expect it to thrive...who knew...). Oops. We don't do much gardening in our five story walk-up. Anyway, we were very happy with the results (and very thankful for the help):
No comments:
Post a Comment