Friday, May 8, 2009

Uh...do I know you?

Yesterday I walked through Times Square en route to the fashion district (I was trying to find fabric to make some napkins). I passed a guy in the street with a sandwich board (see below):
He was advertising one of the Broadway plays. As I walked by, I said, "I saw that last week. It was good." He gave me a high five. As our hands met in the air, he exclaimed, "How are you doing!?" in a very familiar way. I didn't really recognize him but I figured that maybe we'd worked together in the past on a promo. I told him I was doing great. "We worked the gym job together, right?" he asked. I have never worked a gym promotion, but I nodded as I tried to figure out when I'd met this guy. "I've been really busy," I told him. "I actually just finished a promotion in Grand Central handing out pears," I added. We chatted for a few more moments. He said that he was happy to hear that everything was going well for me. By this point I realized that I had probably never this person before, but it was too late to mention that. He seemed so sure that he knew me. Maybe our paths have crossed. Or maybe I just look like a promo person. Or maybe there's another promo chick out there that looks just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment