Since D's B-day was yesterday and mine is tomorrow, we celebrated today (sandwich day). Some of our friends met us at Cowgirl, which is one of our favorite restaurants in the city. Cowgirl serves BBQ, Tex-mex AND comfort food (such as mac and cheese, chicken fried steak, etc), which are ideal menu offerings for 2 kids from Texas who love to eat. Unfortunately, I'm trying to not clog my arteries for the next few weeks and didn't go for my usual pulled pork plate. Instead, I ordered a grilled vegetable salad. And before you start rolling yours eyes, I just want to say that it was really tasty. Plus, I need to eat healthier foods in preparation for the upcoming month of vacation gluttony. Besides, it's never a bad idea to be conscious of what kinds of foods you put in your body. The highlight of the meal was the baked potato ice cream, (which I did indulge in):

This is actually lump of vanilla ice cream covered in cinnamon, whipped cream, pistachios and a lump of "butter"cream frosting. Imagine that there are 2 candles sticking out of it. We devoured our baked potato dessert before I remembered to snap a photo. I found this one on the internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment