Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A New Project

I'm really excited to tell you about something I've been working on for the past few months; Ladies and Gentleman, my food blog will be born soon. I have been glued to my computer (and kitchen) working on recipes and other content, photography, design and a little html. It's been a little frustrating (web coding...whhaaat??) but mostly fun. I've been honing developing some photography skills on my new SLR camera, which means that I have 100+ pictures of Larry sitting on the couch.

You might have noticed that my blog has been lean on posts lately. This is in part because I've been avoiding food topics so that I'll have lots of content for my new site and, well...I mostly write about food.
That being said, I still intend on keeping up with Mandyland as a personal blog and a way to keep in contact with my family and friends. My new blog will be written for you all with a more public audience in mind, as well. After some thought, I've decided that I prefer it be somewhat anonymous (yet not impersonal). Therefore, I won't be linking it to this blog.

As soon as I launch my new site, I will let you know! I'm just going to write about what interests and inspires me and hopefully there will be a few people who find it useful and/or entertaining.

Here are some of my photo experiments:

This could be his headshot, no?

Looking much more angelic than he really is. I think I was holding food above his head.

I made these!!! It took 5 hours and they weren't perfect but they weren't too shabby either.  I'll tell you about it later.

My new hand mixer. It's no Kitchenaid stand mixer but it does the trick. Look at the peaks on that meringue. 

1 comment: