Saturday, March 7, 2009

Working

This week was all about bringing home some paychecks...no auditions. Unless you want to count the go-see I went to on Tuesday. I went in, talked to a camera about how I feel about my eyelashes, had my eyes photographed, and was given a couple of tubes of product that's supposed to make my eyelashes grow. In a few weeks, they're going to call me to see how it's working. If all goes well, I might be in my first infomercial. Woohoo! Every actor's dream! It would be pretty cool if the stuff actually works.

While I consider myself to be an odd job wondergirl, the bulk of my income since I've moved to NYC has come from the promotional marketing field. I get hired by different marketing agencies to promote their clients' products and services to the public. This has consisted of everything from distributing beer samples in bars to handing out bags of potato chips in the streets to demonstrating home gutter systems at a trade show. Sometimes it's a lot of fun and sometimes it's sort of torturous. No matter what, it has proven to be the most lucrative and flexible job for me at this time. This past week, I represented a cable service one day and a cellular phone company for the following few days.

I'll tell you what, it's easy for me to save money when I do this type of work. If I see something I want, I think to myself, "Is this pair of shoes/cute shirt/latte worth 1 day/2 hours, or even 15 minutes of this:"








The answer is usually NO!

(and yes, this really is me. It was very hot in there and some teenage boys tried to knock me down.)

No comments:

Post a Comment