The marketing company I freelance with has been sending me to work in the most ghetto parts of NYC. This is unusual, because clients we work for usually do not target this particular demographic. Some of the neighborhoods have been lively and the people are lovely, but many of them have been awful and it has not been a great experience. We never feel endangered or anything, and we're always out in groups during the day. However, I just turned on the news and saw a shot of a restaurant on a very familiar looking street corner. I said, "Hey, I think I flyered on that corner for a few hours yesterday" The news anchor proceeded to confirm that, yes, it was indeed the exact intersection we were at yesterday and that four people were shot there this afternoon. Then they showed shots of blood all over the sidewalk. Not cool.
I'd so much rather work in Time Square. Or a street fair in Long Island. Or a mall in New Jersey. Or in a blue dot suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment