Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sometimes you need good news

Today I picked up my dress from the tailor. It was the second fitting because after the first, it just wasn't right. I tried it on, looked the mirror...and wanted to cry. But not happy tears :(
To sum it up, I need to look for a new tailor (and hopefully not a new dress). This time I need to find someone that specializes in wedding gowns. Sometimes saving a buck can be a bad thing. You get what you pay for, right?

I was also feeling bummed because lately I've been auditioning a lot and haven't been booking anything. And then last night in class, I performed my monologue so badly that my teacher literally had me sit back down. This was after I forgot the last two sentences and before he said, "You've lost it. Is something wrong? Because the whole thing was just completely flat." I pretty much wanted to crawl under my chair.

After my dress fiasco and another day of career inactivity, I felt like sitting down with a gallon of Haagen Daz and a spoon. But I couldn't even do that, because then I really wouldn't fit into my dress.

So much to my delight, (and relief) tonight I got a random phone call from a director I'd auditioned for last week. He offered me a role in his upcoming indie short film. It's a smaller, supporting role but I'm excited. I'll be playing a barista. (art imitating life?)

Ironically enough, I had auditioned for this film with the same monologue that I bombed with in class last night.

The following pics have nothing to do with me. To make me feel better, I did some research on wedding dress disasters, and I came across this incredibly horrible and hilarious story. Long story short, this bride wanted her bridesmaids to wear gowns that resembled this one:


Her future mother in law was a seamstress and volunteered to design and construct them from scratch.








They turned out more like this:






Umm...I felt a little better after reading this story. My dress is not this hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment