Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Butternut Squash and Gorgonzola Flatbread Pizza

Butternut squash + gorgonzola= amazing

I was inspired by a flatbread pizza that they make over at the Hearst building cafeteria. I was introduced to this flavor combination when I met my sister there for lunch during her internship. I attempted to recreate this meal the other night, and I do believe I was successful. D was the taste tester and he approved. Here is the recipe (or, list of ingredients with no measurements) I created:

fresh butternut squashed (cubed)
gorgonzola crumbles
olive oil
garlic powder
portabella mushrooms(thinly sliced)
red onion (thinly sliced)
flat bread

1. saute squash, mushrooms and onions in olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder
2. spread mixture onto flat bread and bake for 5-10 minutes @ 350
3. sprinkle gorgonzola over baked pizza
4. Enjoy!

I like to toy around with ingredients but I've never really created a recipe before, but you get the idea.

I'm no food photographer. It's kind of weird looking here, but believe me, it's good:

No comments:

Post a Comment