Last week, I was bragging to Daryl about how I never get sick...then I knocked on wood. Exactly 2 days later I woke up with a horrible sore throat. And the next day, I completely lost my voice. Gone. I forget how much I talk until I'm unable to. I've been sooo quiet. I find myself keeping most of my thoughts to myself because it's not worth tearing up my vocal cords and it takes so much energy to get them out in whisper form. I have to carefully process every story, observation and revelation to determine whether or not it's worth the effort...and it's usually not. I think this means that I say a lot of random, unimportant things.
Today I woke up with a lot of gunk in my chest. I've been coughing and hacking away...I wasn't too sick to get on a train and eat brunch in Brooklyn, though. You see, this was Daryl's first Sunday off in 2011. His work schedule doesn't usually allow us to partake in NYC's beloved brunch scene. We went to this place called Buttermilk Channel that I've been wanting to try for awhile now. They had some of the most amazing pancakes I've ever eaten. I need to figure out how to make those. I really wish I had taken some pictures.
I really love certain parts of Brooklyn. There's a quaintness- a great neighborhood/family friendly vibe that we just don't have here in Hell's Kitchen. We talk about moving there someday when we want kids. There are a lot of babies in Brooklyn...a crazy number of babies. There are also a remarkable number of pregnant women walking around (which makes sense). Speaking of babies, some of our best friends (Zac and Leah) had their first baby (a little girl) a week ago. We are so excited for them and can't wait to meet her.
Daryl and I have been to Babies R Us a few times looking for registry gifts and we literally walk around in awe (and terror). Babies need so much stuff (or at least this is what the baby superstores would have you believe). So. Much. Stuff. Like, ridiculous things. A $1000 stroller is apparently a somewhat common purchase. (I get it...it's a status symbol thing, like a car- but it's dumb). Anyway, I'm not quite ready to spend my paychecks on burp cloths and breast pumps, but it's fun to have a baby in my life to buy the fun stuff for.
No comments:
Post a Comment