Sunday, March 20, 2011

Macaron Day

Oh boy...this macaron was amazing...salted carmel/chocolate something or other
Yesterday was Macaron Day in NYC. It's an official day, guys. Participating bakeries were handing out free macarons all day. All you had to do was walk in, say "I'm here for macaron day," and they handed you one of those glorious french cookies. I went with my friend Tracy. Between us, we ate somewhere between 16 and 18 macarons from 7 different bakeries all around the city. It was awesome. Indulging in those pastel sugar bombs was the perfect way to kick off Spring, which is officially here! 

Also: 
We met Zac and Leah's baby and she was pretty perfect...love that family.

I made a Twitter account for my food blog, so if you're into that sort of thing, you can follow me so that I don't look pathetic:)  I'm still trying to figure it out- I thought I'd erased the whole blog while trying to add a button to the site. It was pretty scary...I wanted to throw up a little bit but then I called tech support and they were able to restore it. Phew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment