I wish.
Hardly working is more like it.
I wish that I could say that the reason I haven't been writing is because I've been too busy, but it aint so.
I am actually most productive (in blogging and in all other areas of life) when I have a lot of activity going on. I've been working since I was 13 or 14 (babysitting) and have had a job (or 2, or 5) ever since. At present, I have zero. Wait- I'm lying...in 2 weeks I'm making $60 for dressing up as a cereal brand mascot (I'm hoping for the bumblebee costume). I missed out on some stand-in work last week because the casting people had an old photo on file. They needed me to have hair. Grrrrr. I'm going a little stir crazy here. When I went away for the holidays, I had work secured for the new year. It was promo work, but it it pays the bills. Unfortunately, one of the many pitfalls of freelancing is that nobody really has your back- so I got pulled from the program at the last minute and consequently, I will also be uninsured at the end of the month. Waah, waah, waah....so enough about that.
It's off to an idle start, but I'm still feeling optimistic about 2010!!! On a positive note, I've gone to the gym every single day and we haven't eaten out since we got back to the city after the holidays. I've been doing a lot of healthy and economic cooking. I've also started to read The Clear Skin Diet. Contrary to what most dermatologists will tell you, I believe that there is a definite correlation between what you put in your body and how your skin looks and behaves. It seems like a no brainer, but the American Academy of Dermatology seems to perpetuate the myth that it's unrelated. I recently started seeing a dermatologist because my skin was freaking out, and it's such a racket. It costs something like thirty dollars a minute for someone to look at your face, jot down a couple of prescriptions and tell you to come back in a month. One of the prescriptions was for a little tube of cream that retailed for over $200. I would pay triple that amount if it managed to clear up my face, but guess what? It didn't (based on the samples I was given). I did not fill that prescription. Anyhow, since I've modified my diet, I have noticed some improvement in my skin. Coincidence? I have a feeling that it's not.
Here is another positive note:
D's year is off to a great start!
He's been busy teaching and designing, and he's in the midst of workshopping a very exciting theatrical project. We are crossing our fingers that it is successful. I don't want to divulge too much information, but it's potentially a great opportunity for him to have creatively satisfying employment.
On Monday night, we had the opportunity to attend the nightlife awards Nightlife Awards We also stopped by the after party. Free pasta and cosmos! That's my idea of a good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment