Since my health insurance does not cover vision care, I ended up forking over 200+ dollars for a basic eye exam and a 6 month supply of contacts. After that, I did not feel like shelling out another couple hundred dollars for a pair of "emergency" glasses that I will only wear if I lose a contact/get an eye infection. Since my current pair of specs was 2 prescriptions behind, lopsided and etched with Larry teeth, I definitely needed new ones.
What's an under-insured-vision-impaired-gal to do?
Enter: Zenni Optical (zennioptical.com). I discovered this website after some internet sleuthing.
$12.95 and 2 weeks later, I get a shiny new pair of glasses in the mail, complete with a hard plastic case and a cloth wipe. They do not have a fancy designer logo printed on the temples, and I will admit that they are a bit too large for my face and make me look super nerdy. However, they provide me with crystal clear vision and did I mention...THEY WERE $12.95! Stick that, Over-Priced Optical Chain. At this price, you could order a dozen more and some of them would bound to fit perfectly. These are what my new specs look like:

These weren't even the cheapest pair. They start at $8 and there's a pretty decent selection. You can barely get dinner around here for 8 bucks...
No comments:
Post a Comment