
A few weeks ago, I mentioned the grocery store on the end of my block (think back to outrageously priced cereal). Yesterday I spent 5 hours in this particular grocery store (same chain but on the other side of town), sampling pasta sauce at a rate of one customer per half-hour. When I got there, the manager was surprised to see me. He had no idea I was coming. I needed a table to set up all of my gear, so he sent me down to the basement to find Dennis from the deli, who produces this patio table.The table was kind of cute, but I had to set up in the household goods section because it was the only place I could find an outlet to plug in the crock pot. I pretty much spent the day reading about all of the different cleaners, air fresheners and detergents that surrounded me. I also ate a lot of bread and pasta sauce. There were no windows to let the sunshine in, so I was able to forget that it was actually a beautiful breezy spring afternoon. Every 10 minutes or so, someone would come by and I would cheerfully offer them a sample. It seemed that 4 out of 5 people declined. Maybe they were turned off by the hangers. At least it smelled good back there.
No comments:
Post a Comment