Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a new year

Man, it was hard coming back to New York on Monday. We had such a great time on our holiday; lots of eating, cooking, playing, relaxing and catching up with friends and family. As my mom always says, at some point you have to go "back to reality." Our reality happens to be cold and stinky and crowded at the moment...but at least we missed the trash pileup left behind by the massive snowstorm that hit while we were away. Don't get me wrong, I Heart NYC...I really do. And I would miss living here if I lived elsewhere, but sliding back into the swing of things after vacation is always an adjustment. 

Our year is off to an expensive start. It looks like Larry has finally ingested something that his iron guts couldn't deal with. We had to leave our little man at the Emergency Vet Clinic this morning, and he's spending the night there. We just visited him and he looked so sad and miserable in his little cage with an IV hooked up to his shaved leg. We don't really have any idea how he ended up getting so sick and the vet couldn't be sure either. It basically started yesterday with explosive watery diarrhea and we rushed him to the ER when it turned into leaky bloody puddles all over our apartment. It was pretty scary; I was a nervous wreck at work today. What amazes me is how many things he managed to ingest without ending up in the ER. Luckily, the vet thinks that he'll be fine and that he'll be able to come home tomorrow.

In happier times...even though that doesn't appear to be the case. Larry hates Christmas, you know.
So our first major purchase of 2011 ended up being a major bummer...but totally worth it at the same time (I guess...it also feels like they're ripping you off because they know you're going to pay up). The fact is, we'd do just about anything for that little guy. I'm just glad that Daryl was home when all of this went down. 

It is way too quiet in this apartment without all of that snorting :(

No comments:

Post a Comment