Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When it's really, really cold...

1. Working outside is really, really miserable; especially when you're doing a background job on a ridiculous tv show where you're a pedestrian/speck and the wardrobe lady is crazy and won't let you wear your hat or a hood (even between takes) because it will mess up your hair. Crazy. For one thing, you won't be able to see my hair. If I show up in the shot at all, I will be a half inch blur. For another thing, I don't have any hair to mess up..which means that I don't have any hair to cover my ears, which means that they get super cold. I mean, good for her for taking her job seriously, but c'mon...


2. Larry is miserable
He knows that sweater=cold weather, and stalls on the stairs...

3. My skin gets crazy dry
As soon as the temperature dropped, my skin started getting all flaky and gross, so I started slathering jojoba oil onto my face each night. I'd wake up with dry patches and teenage-zit-skin. I couldn't take it anymore. The solution? A thirty dollar humidifier. It's winter skin magic. My skin stays hydrated and Daryl reports that his lips are no longer chapped. Why didn't I think of this before?! 

We haven't had any snow stick yet; just a lot of wind and frigid air. As brutal as it can be, I much prefer the cold over the heat. You can always bundle up and I'm fond of winter accessories. Although...the kind of cold we've been having is pretty unbearable. I like scarves and hats but I don't want to have to wear a freaking ski mask.







No comments:

Post a Comment