Monday, July 5, 2010

Long Weekend

I love America and everything, but I'd rather be in Europe like we were last year at this time...not that I'm complaining. NYC isn't a bad place to be over Fourth of July weekend:

Daryl riding our friend's bike (hence the pink helmet)













Larry enjoying a French Bulldog art exhibit at Columbus Circle/Time Warner Center.

















The beach at Coney Island. It's just as gross as I'd remembered. There was a lot of glass in the sand and many err...confident sunbathers. My favorite was this 80-something-year-old man wearing a red striped speedo, over a pair of tighty whiteys. Amazing. I am a sunscreen freak...so I was horrified to come home and discover a crispy, painful, splotchy red back (thanks Daryl ;)
We didn't have any aloe, so I did some home remedy searching and found that milk (while pretty stinky) was rather effective.





Here we are with our friend, Tracy after our first ride on Deno's Wonder wheel (at Coney Island). This is the highest ferris wheel in the country.
This was the least lame ferris wheel ride I've ever been on.




You can see the wheel in the background. You can also see how classy this place is. We went to Coney Island on July 3rd, so we missed the annual hot dog eating competition. It would of been way too hot and crowded anyway.
On Sunday, we ended up having a documentary watching marathon (which I will write about later). We did venture out to see fireworks.We caught part of the Macy's show at the end of our block. 






























We rode Coney Island's Cyclone rollercoaster. It's really old and hurts your neck...but it's one of those things that I felt needed to happen. 




And this is what Larry did all weekend. It was too hot and muggy for him to enjoy the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment