Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ikea

I love Ikea. Our apartment definitely wouldn't be as livable without it. Shopping there can be a little challenging when you're carless...so it's a good thing we can't really fit much else in our apartment. Today we took the train to Brooklyn and caught a free shuttle that took us to the store. I'm not gonna lie- the #1 reason we went there was to eat meatballs.





Yummy dinner, dessert and beverages for 2 people, for 10 bucks? Yes!!








We also needed a new slipcover for our couch. It's weird; the patterned and colored slipcovers hover around the $150 range. The white ones are $11. We get the white one, but it eventually turns gray and gross. It's actually cheaper to buy a new cover than it is to have one laundered...not cool. Anyway, because it was on clearance for $9, and because I was successful in persuading my husband, I introduce you to ournew(ly recovered )loveseat:


It's quite pink. You can't really tell so much from the picture, but it's a shade of pink that a six year old would want her bedroom walls to be. If I had to give it a name, I would call it 'cotton candy pink.' It's...girly. Larry likes it. Daryl is not so sure. I think it's fun. It makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment